Parties aren’t just for kids! Have something to celebrate? Throw a Major Meltdown!! Our private party area comfortably seats up to 16 adults. For groups of more than 16, we can make arrangements to seat your group in the front of the studio during specific time frames, or to reserve the whole studio, which seats up to 75. Please e-mail Meltdown rather than booking online to book groups of more than 18. hi@MELTDOWNinMD.com
- How it Works: Major Meltdowns are perfect for parties where guests are paying for their projects individually. Guests choose any of our walk-in projects. If you would like to pay for all or a portion of each guest’s project, let your guests know how much you’re contributing to the cost. If they choose a project that’s more than that amount, they simply pay the difference.
- Minimum: $200 party minimum. Once your guests have chosen a project, we will calculate the total (after discounts) of the items. If the total does not meet the minimum, we will let you know in case you’d like to change or add pieces. If minimum is not met once all pieces are chosen, a room fee equivalent to $200-[party total] will be assessed. For instance, if the items total $175, a room fee of $25 would be assessed. Because most adults choose to create pieces between $25-$30, groups of 8 or more typically meet the minimum requirement.
- Duration: Parties are booked in two-hour time blocks. For adult parties, especially when you are bringing food, we recommend you consider booking additional time for your event. Up to an additional hour of time (1/2 hour before slated start time and/or 1/2 hour past slated end time) can be purchased at the rate of $20 per half hour. If your party has not vacated the room 15 minutes past slated end time, the $20 is automatically taken from the deposit.
- Deposit: When booking the party, you will place a $50 deposit to reserve the room. We will issue a $50 gift card and have it for you at the event so that you can use it to pay for your project. NOTE: If minimum is not met (see above), the room fee will be taken from the deposit. If there is a remaining balance on the card after the event, it can be used for any other purchase that night or on a future visit to Meltdown.
- Guests who choose a project that is regularly priced at $25 or more will enjoy a 10% discount.
- Discounts apply to a single item per person and can not be combined with other offers, including any items that have tiered pricing options (wine glass painting, fused glass kits and frit molds, etc.)
- Promotional gift cards (denoted with “PC” on the card) can not be used in combination with discounts.