Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com OR dropped off at the studio during regular business hours.
As of June 2019, we are hiring primarily for Studio Leads/Senior Studio Assistant. Please keep in mind that this is not an art position– here is not painting/creating on shift.
*NOTE: We do not hire summer-only/seasonal employees. Please do not submit applications if you are not available year round. Thanks!
Studio Assistant: Assist and instruct visitors with a variety of creative mediums (ceramics, fused glass, canvas), cleans the studio and supplies, unloads kilns, helps run workshops and parties for kids and adults, and generally contributes to the studio’s mission to create a fun, creative, and helpful environment in which our customers enjoy getting creative! Some studio assistants may have keys to open/close the studio and may glaze pottery. Must be 16+ and have availability on weekends and CCPS holidays/breaks. Previous retail/restaurant experience a plus. Weekly hours typically vary from 5-20 hours per week after training.
Senior Studio Assistant/Studio Leads: In addition to the above, Senior Studio Assistants open/close the studio independently, glaze and fire ceramics and glass, and oversee daily studio and staff operations. They may teach/lead classes, workshops, or events and assist in staff training as needed. Must be 18+ and have regular weekend and evening availability, particularly Thurs-Sun. One year of retail, restaurant, or customer service experience required. Weekly Hours typically vary from 10-20 per week after training.
The perfect candidate:
- Loves working with people of all ages.
- Is thorough, attentive to detail, and mindful.
- Finds joy in helping others create.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills.
- Will be self motivated, internally driven, and able to help lead a small team.
- Can clearly and concisely communicate with staff and customers within a professional creative environment.
- Has great basic math skills and experience using a point of sale system.
- Can lift heavy things (50 lbs) and stand for long periods (6-8 hours).