Studio Assistant: Assist and instruct visitors with a variety of creative mediums (ceramics, fused glass, canvas), cleans the studio and supplies, unloads kilns, helps run workshops and parties for kids and adults, and generally contributes to the studio’s mission to create a fun, creative, and helpful environment in which our customers enjoy getting creative! Some studio assistants may have keys to open/close the studio and may glaze pottery. Must be 16+ and have availability on weekends and CCPS holidays/breaks. Previous retail/restaurant experience a plus. Weekly hours typically vary from 5-15 hours per week after training.
Are you a "People Person"?
This is a CUSTOMER SERVICE position, not an “art job.” If you LOVE people, have a lot of energy, and enjoy a fast-paced environment, fill out an application!
Studio Leads: In addition to the responsibilities of a Studio Assistant, Studio Leads open/close the studio independently, glaze and fire ceramics and glass, and oversee daily studio and staff operations. They may teach/lead classes, workshops, or events and assist in staff training as needed. Must be 18+ and have regular weekend and evening availability, particularly Thurs-Sun. One year of retail, restaurant, or customer service experience required. Weekly Hours typically vary from 10-20 per week after training.
The perfect candidate:
- Is a “people person”
- Is energetic, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Is an effective multitasker
- Loves working with kids as well as adults
- Is able to command a room and provide instruction in group/class settings
- Is self motivated and internally driven
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills
- Can clearly and concisely communicate with staff and customers
- Can lift heavy things (50 lbs) and stand for long periods (6-8 hours)